Bookings made at this property are made under the followings terms:
1. Period of Hire
Letting commences from 3pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 am on the day of departure unless agreed in writing by the Owners in advance. Weekly hire is normally from Friday to Friday. Short break hire is normally Friday to Monday for weekend break and Monday to Friday for mid-week. The maximum period of let is 4 weeks. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
2. Booking & Payment
A firm booking is accepted following completion of the Booking Form and confirmation of availability. Unless otherwise stated, a deposit of 25% of the total amount, payable either by bank transfer or by cheque payable to the Owner "Paul Shearer", is required following confirmation of booking. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable two calendar months before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client.
For bookings made less than two months in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are bank transfer or cheques drawn on a UK bank account. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge. Any additional bank charges for international payment processing will be passed on to the Client.
Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a refund (minus £50 administration fee) will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than two calendar months prior to hire then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client. We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance.
If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
Use of electricity and gas for heat, light and cooking, bed linen and towels are included in the weekly tariffs. Please bring your own swimming towels.
6. Number of Persons and Purpose of using the property
You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised as shown in the booking form, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, unless it has been arranged in advance and confirmed by the Owners. You cannot hire the Property for hen or stag parties and must have due regard to the Lower Mill Code of Conduct. If these conditions are broken, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints & Problems
Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact our local contact or owners as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem within reason. Details of contact will be provided with booking confirmation.
8. Loss, Breakages, Damage and Cleaning
You agree not to cause any damage to the Property and its contents, nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties as set out in the Code of Conduct. You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property.
For the benefit of the next clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. A refundable damage deposit of £250 will be required at the time of final booking made payable to the Owner “Paul Shearer”. We do not charge for breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to take payment and, if necessary, demand further payment for damage, breakages and additional cleaning including cleaning of the BBQ which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
9. Spa Pass Loss
The Owners will provide you with two spa passes to use for the duration of your stay (which covers all guests named above). These are strictly for Your use and those named in this rental agreement. You must leave the spa passes in the house on departure. Failure to do so will result in a deduction of £40 per pass from your damage deposit which covers the full cost of arranging new passes from the Artspa.
10. Care of Property
The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. The property will be cleaned after your departure but should be left in a reasonable state of tidiness and cleanliness and all furniture returned to its original position. Any additional cleaning over and above what is usually undertaken by our housekeeper will be charged for and deducted from the damage deposit.
Goose Nest House, including the balcony and decking, is strictly no smoking.
Pets are not allowed (except Guide Dogs)
13. Use of Facilities at Lower Mill Estate
The Lower Mill Estate provides the facilities such as the Spa and swimming pools at Lower Mill Estate. The Owner cannot be held liable for any loss of use of those facilities which are outside of the Owners control.
Lower Mill Estate is a nature reserve and as such excessive noise and lack of respect for the area are not tolerated. The Client shall have full regard to the rules of the Lower Mill Estate and its facilities including that there will be no stag or hen parties on the Estate. Failure to do so may result in early termination of your rental and deduction from the damage deposit. Please be aware that the Estate is surrounded by lakes and other water and Clients should pay due care and attention, especially ensuring the personal safety of any minor.
The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
15. Right of Entry
We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
16. Injury Loss or Damage
The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client's Responsibility - The Client is responsible for the property and its contents which should be left clean and tidy at the end of the holiday, and breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Paul and Madeleine Shearer, the Owners of Goose Nest, 33 Clear Water, Lower Mill Estate and is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
Lower Mill Estate Code of Conduct
Lower Mill Estate is a nature reserve and family environment with a mix of owners and their families as well as a number of rental properties. There are often lots of organised activities that we hope that you will want to join in and that will add to your enjoyment whilst staying here.
Naturally there are a number of ‘rules’ to ensure that the estate is a safe, secure and peaceful environment. A full set will be located in the welcome pack in your house and we ask that you familiarise yourselves with them on arrival, but we have summarised some key points for below.
In agreeing the Code of Conduct and returning the Booking Form, you confirm the following:
- All guests have read and understood the Code of conduct
- You are not part of a larger group staying on the Estate or a single sex group of over 6 (unless previously agreed with LME)
- Your group are not part of a hen or stag party
- Your stay at Lower Mill Estate is for holiday purposes only
- You will not park in other property parking spaces
- You will not have excessive noise after 23.00
- You will not exceed the stated speed limits on the Estate (10 mph in most areas)
Code of Conduct
Lower Mill Estate is a Nature Reserve located in the heart of the Cotswolds. We promote a safe family environment for people to enjoy, coupled with a duty to protect the natural habitat of many species of wildlife for generations to come. In order to maintain a balance between these two factions, there are a number of “Rules” to ensure that the Estate is safe, secure and a peaceful environment for all. Homes on the estate must be used for holiday purposes only and cannot be used as base of operation for work. A full set of rules will be located in the Welcome Pack in your property and we ask you to familiarise yourselves with them on arrival, we have summarised some key points for you below.
Quiet enjoyment and consideration for others
- No Hen or Stag Parties - We promote a family atmosphere at all times
- Noise amplifies across water - Please keep voices low when on decking/balconies
- Be aware that this is a development of privately owned properties - Do not walk around houses, or borrow/use equipment belonging to other homes.
- Be aware of ‘light pollution’ - Turn lights low in the evening
- No external amplified music - Noise travels easily across the lakes
- No music or excessive noise at all after 11pm.
- No Fireworks or lanterns - For the safety of wildlife, fireworks or lanterns are strictly forbidden
Safety & Estate Facilities
- The Speed Limit on the Estate is 10 mph - Except where it specifies a 5mph limit. There is Zero tolerance to speeding on the Estate
- Limited parking on the Estate - Please use your allocated parking space. All other vehicles must be parked in the designated overflow car park areas
- Children must not be left unattended - this is of paramount importance around equipment, pools and lakes on the Estate
- The Spa - please ensure you have your passes to access the spa (provided for you on arrival in the house) and not allow other people into the spa area.
- Please note the safety rules in the pools, saunas and play areas. Please be considerate to others in the changing rooms, which can get crowded.
- Home-owner only and Adult only - Please note the times for Home-owner and Adult only for the Spa and Mill Village pools.
- You should not exceed maximum overnight occupancy as identified in your contract with the owner
- Traffic management - The Estate operates a shared space policy to reduce the priority of motor vehicles and increase the priority of pedestrian users and cyclists.
Wildlife & Nature Reserve
- Please do not feed any wild animals including the wildfowl
- If you plan to fish, please familiarise yourself with the Estate Fishing Rules located on the notice boards and at the Estate office
- Canoes, sail boats and wind surfers, please refer to the notice boards for lake closures and information regarding path closures.
- Please adhere to PRIVATE PROPERTY signage. Buoyancy aids must be worn on the lakes at ALL times
- Please keep Dogs on a lead at all times around the Estate – please remove any fouling and dispose of appropriately
What if I breach the “Code of Conduct?”
Please be aware that a breach of the rules/code of conduct may result in the loss of all or part of your rental deposit and continuous breaches of the rules /code of conduct could result in all members of your party being evicted from the estate.